Monday, April 12, 2010

Critical Mass in San Diego

I had no idea what Critical Mass was until my co-workers started to talk about it. If you haven't heard, it's an event to raise awareness of cycling... either go out and ride, or have some respect for the cyclists on the road. It happens the last Friday of every month in cities all over the world. But this event goes for about 30 miles all over San Diego, with the bikes taking over the streets. I'm in no way ready for that. But it is a very cool photo opportunity. It's very entertaining to see all the different kind of bikes. Fixies, regular street bikes, mountain bikes, double deckers, and some that resemble U.F.O.'s with all the lights. I think the next time I'm able to attend, I'll take more pictures of the different bicycles out there prior to everyone riding out. Here in San Diego, the meeting place is at Balboa Park.

My bike that has only ridden a few miles of Critical Mass:

Downtube Nova

A Hi-Bike or double decker as I like to call it:

Crazy Bike!

An in front of the Museum of Man while riding out on Laurel St:

Balboa Park and the Museum of Man Blur

No comments:

Post a Comment